Our members enjoy the security of knowing that we will fight for their fair and reasonable treatment should they need it. Members can also access a range of services developed to support them through every stage of their career.
Our membership team are happy answer any questions you might have, call us on 01582 488 455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support – first class advice to support you
- Insurance – For an additional premium Multi-Therapy Professional Liability and Public & Product Liability Insurance is available for purchase with £10 million cover (£5 million for first year graduates) tailored to the needs of osteopaths. The iO policy offers permanent run off cover for osteopaths even after the policy term has lapsed – a key benefit which we believe will be required of all policies in the future.
- Medico-legal advice – Exclusively available to those who have purchased professional liability insurance with the iO. Our team of experts have a record of providing excellent legal advice.
- Managing complaints – We have produced a Patient complaints guide to help you manage complaints. For those who have purchased professional liability insurance with the iO, we will also support you with complaints from patients or the General Osteopathic Council – exclusions apply.
- 24-hour legal helpline – For those who have purchased professional liability insurance with the iO, providing professional legal advice on any problem, business or personal, if you are a sole trader
- COSSET (Confidential Osteopathic Support for Emotional Trauma) – Available experienced osteopaths at the end of a telephone line during out of office hours to listen to your problems.
Unite – keeping you connected to the profession
- Osteopathy Today (OT) – Our magazine contains the latest news, including updates on how we are working to develop the profession, CPD articles as well as debate and opinion pieces written by osteopaths. Published six times a year, OT is available to download.
- ConnectiOns – Our fortnightly e-newsletter
- iO Members forum – An opportunity to have your say on what’s important to you and comment on the latest initiatives and developments in the industry.
- iO Convention – Networking opportunities, a diverse programme of lectures and workshops and a celebration of the best in osteopathy at the iO Annual Awards.
- Osteopathic Development group (ODG) – This national initiative is a collaboration of key osteopathic organisations designed to bring the profession together.
Develop – your career and clinical skills
- CPD – articles, workshops and convention – In every issue of OT you will find a CPD article and quiz that will provide you with useful practical information which you can apply in your practice immediately. The annual convention hosts a weekend of clinical and business-based CPD. We also host a series of one day CPD workshops.
- Clinical guidelines – Latest guidelines on a range of topics have been developed by the iO’s professional development team and endorsed by NICE.
- Webinars – Free access to timely and relevant webinars.
Promote – your business and the profession
- Find an Osteopath – Every member can be listed on our website’s online database promoting your practice to the public. You can add your own text and graphics and add website links.
- Marketing leaflets and posters – A range of quality leaflets and posters that you can use to promote osteopathy in your practice. Here, you can find public information leaflets, posters and osteopathy for health leaflets (free and paid for).
- Practice development resource library – A wide range of resources including copy for blogs and websites, template presentations that you can use to develop and promote your clinic. It also includes practical resources such as patient record cards and principle/associate agreements to name just a few.
- Classified advertising – Access 70% of the osteopathic profession! iO members can advertise on our site free of charge, and your advert will be displayed for four weeks (unless you ask us to remove it sooner). Non-members can pay to place adverts by calling us on 01582 488455.
- Advice on approaching healthcare professionals – Developed based on direct experience, we help you with advice on how best to build relationships.
- Supplier discounts – We have exclusive offers from a range of partners, to give you some great discounts.
- Acupuncture Licensing in London – We have negotiated an exemption for iO members needing an acupuncture licence in London.
- Osteopathic Opportunities – our online job opportunity board where you can advertise your details and look for osteopathic vacancies across the UK and internationally.