***Free Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for members***
NHS England, NICE and NHS Improvement are delighted to share with us the launch of their NICE into Action Webinar Series for Allied Health Professionals (AHPs). This series of four webinars will help AHPs to:
- Understand and engage with NICE’s work
- Influence guideline development
- Take a structured approach to implementing guidelines and using quality standards
- Support a greater uptake of NICE guidance to improve care and outcomes for patients and service-users.
They will also profile a number of AHPs, involved in guidance development and implementation.
The webinars will take place once a month, over lunchtime:
An AHP’s guide to NICE – Monday 10 September, 12.30 – 1.15pm
The role of NICE quality standards – Monday 15 October, 12.30 – 1.15pm
Implementing NICE guidance – everyone’s business – Tuesday 13 November, 12.30 – 1.15pm
NICE and you as a professional and practitioner – Tuesday 11 December, 12.30 – 1.15pm
Further information on each of the sessions is available via the links above. The webinars have been designed to complement each other as a series, or can be accessed as standalone sessions. They can be joined live or viewed afterwards, and registration for each webinar is via the links above.
As of October 2018 all osteopaths will be required to map their CPD against the OPS and we anticipate that with respect to this free CPD, relevant references within the OPS might include the following:
- Knowledge, skills and performance: B2, 3, 4
- Safety and quality in practice: C1, 2
- Professionalism: D1