- This event has passed.
Good Health Cente – Go Pain (NLP) & Restore Your Core (Yoga & Pilates)
March 23 @ 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Course Title: Go Pain (NLP) & Restore Your Core (Yoga & Pilates)
Date: Saturday 23rd March 2019, 8.45am – 17.00
Venue: Marriott Hotel Leeds (includes lunch and refreshments)
Lecturers:Alan Johnson, Registered Mental Health & General Health Nurse, Advanced Practitioner Advanced Trainer Integral Eye Movement Therapy PTSD Counselling, NLP Master Practitioner/Trainer & Louisa Thomas, Astanger Yoga, Hypopressives, Polestar Pilates Teacher, Mindful Doulas Doula, Ayurveda Therapist.
Louisa Thomas’s Course (Afternoon):This hands-on, movement-based workshop will teach you a range of tools to support your patients who have core and pelvic floor dysfunction. Treating core dysfunction as a whole-body issue, we will:
- Identify common alignment faults that can compromise core function.
- Practice movements to address muscular imbalances and improve whole-body alignment so the core can work reflexively
- Learn how to correct faulty breathing patterns that increase intra-abdominal pressure.
- Explore abdominal vacuuming protocol to create a passive engagement of the deep core and pelvic floor muscles.
- Practice a range of techniques to assist with activating the deep core muscles without compromising range of movement, breathe or alignment.
Please come prepared to move!