- This event has passed.
Axial Spondyloarthritis (including Ankylosing Spondylitis) Refresher for Osteopaths and Manual Therapists
March 18 @ 7:00 am - 8:30 pm
This talk will:
• Revise the spectrum of Axial Spondyloarthritis (including Ankylosing Spondylitis)
• Myth-bust common misconceptions of AxSpA
• Review the latest research and treatments for AxSpA
• Explain how to screen for inflammatory back pain
• Revise the extra-articular manifestations of AxSpA
• Demonstrate the new RCGP-validated referral template letter for referring patients to their GP for AxSpA screening/diagnosis
• Discuss the role osteopaths can play in helping patients effectively manage their AxSpA symptoms, as part of multi-disciplinary care
• Review the NICE Guidelines for management of AxSpA
• Review appropriate hands-on techniques for patients with AxSpA
• Discuss case histories to develop clinical reasoning
Handouts, CPD certifcates for 1.5 hours and refreshments will be provided.
Free parking, 10-minutes drive from Diss station.
The speaker: Zoë Clark, M.Ost ND DO, Educate and Advocate Training.
Zoë Clark is an osteopath and speaker, with a special interest in Axial Spondyloarthritis and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Zoë has worked with the National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society, Institute of Osteopathy and Royal College of Chiropractors on the NASS Allies Programme: creating a presentation for the NASS Allies seminars, conducting a research survey of osteopath and chiropractor knowledge of AxSpA published in Rheumatology Advances in Clinical Practice and creating an RCGP-validated referral tool for osteopaths.